Monday, May 16, 2011

Fimo Jewellery

The latest jewellery class at my local craft store was using Fimo clay. The pattern we had to produce is called Chrysanthemum canes and invloved us rolling thin sheets of different coloured fimo layering them up and then putting through a pasta making machine. Quite messy but all great fun. These are the pieces that I made.





Once layered up the fimo is rolled up into a fat roll and indents cut into the roll to produce the flower design. You then cut thin slices off the roll and layer onto a thin backing sheet of fimo, lightly roll to adhere and then you are ready to stamp out the pieces. I chose a simple flower shape cutter to make this pendant, brooch and earings.




I also had enough to make a set of buttons too.







I am entering this into :


1st Unique Gifts: Handmade Monday.


Pop on over to see crafty makes from some rather talented people.


I am also entering this as my monthly make for May over at The Felt Fairy:

22 comments:

Lesley at Grenouille Greetings said...

Oh look - they're pink! And they are very very pretty! Hugs, Lesley

Carolee Crafts said...

Pink lovely, messy? but that is where the fun is, have a good week.

Wendy said...

They're realy effective, love the buttons!

Thanks for taking part in HM x

Polly Polkadot said...

A really lovely 'make'

Unknown said...

Love the buttons, would look so good on a little... or big girl's cardie!

Sarah - The Lilac Dragonfly said...

Love the effect! Gorgeous xx

Jan said...

They look great, I love trying new things.

Jan x

Unknown said...

Oh my these are lovely.. I used to make my own Fimo jewellery..it is such fun lol.. xx

Ali said...

Creative people should be messy - its part of the fun and my excuse for the state of my studio!!

Really lovely work. (I'm following your blog now too!)

Ali x
Ali's Craft Studio

HippoTree said...

Oh, they make me thing of party rings! Is it bad that I often think of biscuits?? They're really pretty :) HT x

Susie said...

Those are beautiful! Sounds like fun too! :)

June said...

Love the colour scheme, the pendant is fab! The buttons so cute also.

Kazies Magical Designs said...

beautiful work I love the buttonds so cute xx

JoZart Designs said...

Oooh! these are just gorgeous. They look like iced biscuits, yummy!
Thanks for your comment on mine... look forward to seeing your experiment. Try kitchen roll too, I've had good results with it.
JoZarty x

Caroline Lovis (Redneedle) said...

I love the things you have made but especially THOSE buttons - oh the possibilities!

Zue said...

Fabulous project. Always meant to try this!
I envy you your dragonflies! Send some down to me, please.
Roses are beautiful, especially the olde ones with their glorious perfume!
You could make some Fimo dragonflies and roses.
Have the best fun!
Sue xx

Unknown said...

I love these they are gorgeous. I love making a mess so I might have a go at these myself.

Unknown said...

I have a crush on those lovely buttons!

CuddlyBunny said...

Ouu! I love this set! And with those buttons your entire *outfit* could match!

Jo said...

Gorgeous! love the pendant, what a great class that must have been to attend, there's nothing like that around here :(

Faye said...

Ooooh, I'll be keeping an eye out for the postie with my buttons! Fab work there Mummy. xxx

stylesofcooking said...

Lovely colour. Pendant is gorgeous and the buttons look fab too. Well done