Sunday, April 03, 2016

Emboss It..

Time once more for the girls in the 
Christmas Card Club 
to show our makes.
Carol chose todays theme which is 
Use a Stencil or Embossing folder.
I don't have any christmas type stencils 
but I do have a few E.F.'s  which fit the bill.


My first card uses an embossing folder
by Darice  called 
'Pine branches in Corner'
I used gold shimmer card to emboss
and then found a recycled card which had 
a  circle sentiment in  the design which
just fitted nicely onto my card.,
I cut out using my Xcut circle dies and then 
ran through a  dots E.F. to look like snow falling.
(Actually it's to hide the marks from my 
scratched cutting plates that I'm too much
of a skinflint to replace!!)


Backed onto black cardstock to pick up the 
black wording and then mounteed onto 
cream shimmer card stock for the card base.
A fairly quick  CAS card with  the added
bonus that the left over card can go back into  my stock pile
to use another time!

I love it when a plan comes together.

Now it wouldn't be Christmas
without the old acetate would it
so here is the 2nd card I made.

Camera decided at this point to go all pinky on me
but as I love pink i'm not complaining
This time I have used an E.F. by 
Couture Creations called 'Rudolph.
I embossed onto green  Vellum  
and it came out a treat.
It looks just like  parchment .
I backed onto green card which then makes the base
with the acetate sheet sandwiched into the spine
I used check washi tape to cover the spine 
along with a strip of adhesive peel off ribbon
which had the sentiment already on it. 
Gold /green  stickers completes  the look.

 2 more cards for the pot and still sticking to 
my resolve to use one recycled card and one  made 
from my stock of stamps/digis/E.F. or die cuts.

Entering the above card  into the following challenges:
Winter Wonderland #  Embossing wet or dry.
Christmas Card Challenge #18 Anything goes.
Crafty Hazelnuts Extra # Anything Goes.
ABC  Christmas Challenge #  G is for green or gold. 

28 comments:

dutchess said...

Two lovely cards Valery...that's a super embossing folder on the first card and I love your idea with the acetate....xxxxx

brenda said...

Two super stylish cards as always Valery Anne.

Hope you have a good week and you will have a delivery in a day or two as it's with the PO.

B x

rachel said...

Beautiful cards Valery ....and so well done on the tattered lace win....enjoy xx

Christine Harrop said...

Two great cards, we are spoilt for choice! Hugs Christine xx

Aquarius said...

Great Christmas cards - had to smile at your comment about the scratched cutting plates but you've found an ideal solution with the embossing.

Michelle said...

Stunning cards - both look so very elegant - Michelle x

Mac Mable said...

Very classy cards. Yes I am getting scratching too from the plates, they are on my shopping list! Loving the colour combination on the first card and the acetate works so well on the second...Elegant cards x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Both your cards are so elegant and love expecially the first one with the recycled sentiment and the gorgous embossing. The leftover is just gorgous, I'm sure that you will make another great card with it!!
The second card with acetate and the stickers has a perfect festive look with this gorgous tree!

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Valery, absolutely beautiful cards, fabulous embossing, lovely colours.
Did you notice I've got candy on offer, I hope you will enter for it, Kate x

Barb said...

Two lovely cards Mrs A. Great embossing and recycling. I particularly like the second card. Barbxx

Cara said...

Two beautiful card and great recycling! The second card with the acetate is just stunning. Cara x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Perfect cards using these embossing folders, love the effect on the acetate. With my DT hat on, thank you for joining in the challenge at ABC Christmas too.
Lorraine DT

MaryH said...

Always such fun to see how you've recycled, and you always manage to delight with your ideas. Love this corner pine EF, and how pretty on the color you chose. Liked the embossing on the inner circle too. #2 was stunning, the vellum embossing is so silvery and stands out so nicely agains the soft green behind it. Clever idea to add in the washi too! Great job on both cards! TFS & Hugs

Sue said...

Fab cards Mrs A love the vellum lots of huggles Sue xx

Beebeebabs said...

Wow such beautiful cards thanks for sharing!!!

Brenda in IN said...

That gold card is simply beautiful. I love the embossing folder and with the recycled insert it made a great card. The tree is also so pretty. Love that green vellum. Good for you by using up your cards and items you have!

Unknown said...

Two very pretty cards. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland challenge. Mary DT xx

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous cards Valery... Love them all
Sorry late with comment only just got back from UK
Hugs Sylvie x

Sandy said...

Oh so pretty! I love your tree card. Now I am going to have to give that a try. Your first card is soooo elegant!
I am so far behind in my snooping I could just croak!
sandy xx

laurie said...

Beautiful Christmas cards Valery! I just love the embossing..so elegant. Thanks for sharing at the Christmas Card Challenge!

Shirley-Anne said...

Love this Christmas duo .Both delightful cards . Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenges

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work.

Greta said...

2 beauties, Mrs. A! Love how you recycled the sentiment for the 1st card & that tree is stunning on the 2nd!

Helen said...

Fabulous card - love the embossed tree!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Carissa said...

Wonderful take on our Green or Gold challenge.
Thanks for playing along at the ABC Christmas Challenge.
Carissa

Kim said...

More beautiful cards. I am amazed at all the clever ideas you dream up Valery Anne.

Carol said...

Two beautiful cards Mrs A, love the embossing folders you've used...the embossed vellum looks gorgeous. Carol x

Helen said...

Two beautiful cards - thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.

Helen x