Sunday, April 16, 2017

Humorous.

It's time again for the girls in the Christmas Card club to show our cards made with the theme which is my choice today of  'Humorous.'

My first card is made with an old christmas card that I believe one of the children got sent by a class mate so it really is an oldie. I have kept it in the box waiting all these years just for the right moment to reuse.  I simply trimmed down the card front slightly and then adhered to a green card blank which I have made into one of my signature acetate cards.

The image on the front of the card has the name Pip on it which I take to be the artist.  As the card has snow falling I have used an acetate with a snow flake pattern on it. The sentiment is a die cut by Presscut. Picture below shows the acetate front open.

For my second card I have used a Bugaboo digi which I have coloured in using my promarkers and added googly eyes to. The sentiment was produced in word and printed off.  I have used a red card blank to make the card with. 

Again I have used an acetate with falling snow on it but this one is in gold instead of the white as above. Tartan ribbon from my stash. The picture below shows the acetate front open. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what the girls have come up with for their makes. 



26 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Great cards and a great theme this time Valery thank you. Your acetate fronts are definitely your signature theme and look fabulous here with the snowy effect it gives.
Lorraine

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Fantastic cards Valery, great recycling too.

Sue xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Valery
Two fabulous fun cards... love them both...
Thanks for the Challenge
Hugs Sylvie xx
Happy Easter x

dutchess said...

Happy Easter Valery
what fun cards you really have had me chuckling today...hope you are enjoying your easter Sunday xxx

Cara said...

Two fab card, love the upcycling of the card. Both of them made me smile this morning, thank you. Cara x

Rita said...

What Wonderful cards Valerie. Love them all. Enjoyed your challenge theme. Happy Easter. Rita xxxx

Jackie T said...

Happy Easter Mrs A. I love these Christmas cards they made me smile. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

Margo said...

I can't believe you have chosen this theme ... it's so unlike you ... :)
Love your humorous cards !

Christine Harrop said...

Great theme Mrs A and you have produced brilliant cards to fit. Hugs Christine xx

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous cards xx ♥[aNNie]

Valerija said...

Beautiful cards. Love the fun images.
Valerija xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Two fun works reusing old cards! The acetate with the snowflake pattern is a winner and your personal trademark!
I wish you and your family a joyful Easter!

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Valery, great cards, love the acetate, it's beautiful. Great theme this challenge! Hugs, Shaz XxX

MaryH said...

Oh I am laughing at these...I knew you would come up trumps on the recycling, and so you did! I'm not able to say which I like best, but #1 might have a little edge! It was a fun challenge, and I got to use snippets! Didn't even think of hunting through old cards! TFS & Happy Easter.

Zoe Tant said...

Thanks for a great challenge Valery and your funny cards. They made me smile for sure. Zx

Unknown said...

These are so cute and fun and so you! They're both perfect for Christmas! The acetate is fab too!
Lucy x

cuilliesocks said...

Brilliant fun cards Valery, I think you came up trumps with these, perfect for your challenge, thanks for making this one a fun one, Kate x

Kathleen said...

Two really great fun images and love the use of the acetate on both of them.

Kath x

KandA said...

These are both so fun Mrs A, especially the second with his googly eyes xx

Carol said...

Happy Easter Mrs A. Two super cute cards, they did make me smile. thanks for a great challenge. Carol x

Createology said...

Love your "Humorous" Christmas cards. Happy Hoppy Easter.

Merry said...

How wonderful is that acetate, great idea for card too with turkey.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely fun cards.

Donna said...

These are so cute and fun, the acetate front adds such elegance!

Margreet said...

Haha, what a fun cards! I so love googly eyes and your snowy acetate is gorgeous!
Hope you have had a nice Easter?
xxx Margreet

scrappymo! said...

Too funny! Great cards Mrs A.
Thanks for this wonderful theme as it helped get me out of the doldrums and back creating again.